Thursday, September 3, 2009

Goodbye Washington

Today is my last day at home. It feels really surreal to type that. Yesterday I said goodbye to my grandma and best friends - I won't see them until November or December. On Monday I'll be saying goodbye to my parents. I can't even describe how scared I am. On one hand I need a shove out the door, since I'm more than ready to move forward and become my own person. But on the other hand there is a big difference between moving 45 minutes away from home, like I could have chosen with UW, and moving 3,000 miles and a 7 hour plane ride away to MHC. It's a scary step, but I can't wait. My school has so many opportunities to offer, and I can't wait to take some. :)

I probably won't be able to post for a while, but I'll be sure to remember everything for when I do. My schedule for the next few days is this:

Friday: Fly to Boston on 8am flight. Arrive, drive to Holyoke, MA. Stay overnight in hotel with parents.

Saturday: Spend the day buying last minute, big things (like a printer and wastebasket) that I couldn't pack. Maybe go visit my roomie, who moved in early for tennis tryouts.

Sunday: Move in 8-11:30am. Picnic lunch 11:30am-1pm. Hall meeting 1-2pm. Computer networking tutorial 2-2:30. President's welcome & reception 3:30-5:30pm. Dinner 5:30-7pm. Floor meeting 7-8pm. Orientation 101 (kind of a humorous play/showcase) 8-9:30pm.

So in other words, I'm gonna be busy. I will update ASAP, hopefully with some pictures of my dorm room. For now, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment