In MHC news, I have (again) changed my schedule - this time for good! At the beginning of the month I finally got the "permission" to register online for Spanish 200, yay! This is especially good since I found out that I am required to take four semesters of Spanish if I want to study abroad in a country that speaks the language. I most definitely do - MHC has an awesome program in Monteverde, Costa Rica, with a focus on sustainability that I am dying to participate in!
I also was able to get into Politics 116 (World Politics), the main pre-req for International Relations majors. Since it's such a popular major the class filled up really quickly, but luckily they added more capacity so I was able to get in! I'll be taking it instead of American Politics. My (final until September) schedule is to the left.
I'm really excited!Also in less than three weeks I'll be finding out my housing assignment. I already know that I'll be rooming with Jess, a really nice girl who is from Mass. But on August 7th, we'll find out which hall we'll be living in! On the form we put Wilder, Mead, and Porter as our first choices. Mount Holyoke is pretty unique in that every residence hall has an equal mix of the classes - 25% first years, 25% sophomores, etc. We could be put in any residence hall, but we have as good a chance as anyone.
I am so excited about everything. I'm leaving in less than 7 weeks, and Orientation sounds amazing! I can't wait. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment